The Fine Print

I cook Gluten Free, but hardly anything you find here will be my own creation. I use recipes from other sources and make them my own. I don't remember where most of my recipes came from....so if you read a recipe that sounds very similar to something you've created, Thanks! I just might have gotten it from you and my family and our taste buds thank you.

I cook Gluten Free, but I'm not a gourmet chef or a still-life photographer. Gourmet foods and super fancy pictures of them are not things you will find here.

I cook Gluten Free, but I don't do things just one way. Some times my recipes are naturally gluten free and sometimes they are made that way by use of gluten free flours. Some times I purposefully make things more nutritious and other times I'm just going for super delicious.

If you're looking for every day foods to make for you and your family, then stay awhile. You may find something you like.

Friday, April 1, 2011

Shrimp Tacos

These are a big favorite at our house. My 8-year-old son asks for shrimp tacos for dinner at least once a week. There would be a picture, but it disappears too quickly for any picture snapping.

2 lbs shrimp (peeled, deveined, no tails...all that jazz)
6 garlic cloves
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
2 TBSP olive oil
Juice of one lime

Combine all ingredients except oil and lime in a bowl and let sit in the fridge for 15-30 minute (or if you're like me and don't think about dinner until last minute, you can skip this step).

In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add shrimp and cook until shrimp are cooked through, 5-8 minutes. Remove pan from heat and squeeze lime juice over the shrimp and toss.

Serve shrimp in a warm corn tortilla with whatever toppings you like: Shredded cabbage, Salsa, Guacamole, Shredded Cheese, Sour Cream, etc. My sister likes hers with a fresh mango salsa.

Or if you don't care for Shrimp, like my 6-year-old....ask for a Shrimp Taco with "Guacamole and Cheese....no Shrimp." Hmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment