The Fine Print

I cook Gluten Free, but hardly anything you find here will be my own creation. I use recipes from other sources and make them my own. I don't remember where most of my recipes came from....so if you read a recipe that sounds very similar to something you've created, Thanks! I just might have gotten it from you and my family and our taste buds thank you.

I cook Gluten Free, but I'm not a gourmet chef or a still-life photographer. Gourmet foods and super fancy pictures of them are not things you will find here.

I cook Gluten Free, but I don't do things just one way. Some times my recipes are naturally gluten free and sometimes they are made that way by use of gluten free flours. Some times I purposefully make things more nutritious and other times I'm just going for super delicious.

If you're looking for every day foods to make for you and your family, then stay awhile. You may find something you like.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Chicken & Rice Pilaf

Rice: Staple of Gluten Free homes! At least at the beginning. I've tried to cut back on the amount of rice we eat and go for other better for you grains (Quinoa, anyone?), but sometimes the comfort of rice is welcome. This rice is just plain comfort food.

Chicken & Rice Pilaf

Ingredients:

Chicken breasts, pounded flat (depending on size of breasts and how many you are feeding, 2-4
Olive Oil
Seasoned Salt

2 TBSP butter
1/3 chopped onion
1/3 chopped celery
1 cup uncooked rice
2 cups chicken broth (I like using bouillon and water for my broth)
1/4 tsp salt (use only if your broth isn't salty. My bouillon is plenty salty)
chopped parsley

Melt butter over medium heat and cook onion and celery until tender. Add rice and cook about 5 minutes stirring frequently. Add broth and salt (if using), and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and let simmer 20 minutes.

While rice is steaming, heat olive oil in pan. Sprinkle chicken with seasoned salt (just a light dusting). Cook chicken about 5 minutes on each side until cooked through.

Stir rice and transfer to a casserole dish. Slice chicken into strips and lay on top of rice. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment