The Fine Print

I cook Gluten Free, but hardly anything you find here will be my own creation. I use recipes from other sources and make them my own. I don't remember where most of my recipes came from....so if you read a recipe that sounds very similar to something you've created, Thanks! I just might have gotten it from you and my family and our taste buds thank you.

I cook Gluten Free, but I'm not a gourmet chef or a still-life photographer. Gourmet foods and super fancy pictures of them are not things you will find here.

I cook Gluten Free, but I don't do things just one way. Some times my recipes are naturally gluten free and sometimes they are made that way by use of gluten free flours. Some times I purposefully make things more nutritious and other times I'm just going for super delicious.

If you're looking for every day foods to make for you and your family, then stay awhile. You may find something you like.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

PIZZA


Gluten Free life is just not complete until you've found a good Pizza recipe. I've been trying to perfect one for years and I think I'm almost there. I hope you enjoy this as much as we do! This is a modified version of two different recipes found at King Arthur Flour and GlutenFreeGobsmacked.com

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cup Gluten Free Flours
2 TBSP powdered milk
1 tsp baking powder
¾ tsp salt
1 tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp each: garlic powder, fennel seed, and dried basil
1 TBSP sugar or honey
1 TBSP yeast
1 cup warm water
2 TBSP olive oil (for dough)
2 TBSP olive oil (for pan)

1. Mix together GF Flours, powdered milk, baking powder, salt, xanthan gum, garlic, fennel, and basil.

2. In a separate bowl, combine warm water, 2 TBSP olive oil, sugar, and yeast. Add ¼ cup of the mixture from step 1 to the yeast mixture. Stir together and set aside for 5-10 minutes until yeast mixture has risen well.

3. Using a stand or hand mixer, combine wet and dry mixtures on medium speed for 4-6 minutes.

4. Line pizza pan with parchment paper or generously grease. Drizzle at least 2 TBSP olive oil into center of pan.

5. Scrape the pizza dough (This won’t have the consistency of dough! It will be batter like) onto the olive oil pool on the pan. With wet hands, squish the dough out evenly onto the surface of the pizza pan.

6. Bake crust at 425°F for about 20 minutes until golden brown. Remove from parchment paper if desired, but not necessary.

7. Top with your favorite pizza toppings and bake an additional 5-8 minutes or until cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment